Association of Polish Priests in Connecticut
Records, 1946-1983

DESCRIPTION        3 boxes (3 linear ft.)

Priests from Connecticut Polish catholic parishes formed APPC under the name Zjednoczenie Polskich Kaplanow in 1915. For over thirty years Rev. John J. Pitrus led it. In the 1960s it started evolving towards more formal structure. APPC's first Constitution approved in 1967  listed it's the goals as following:
1. to co-operate with the Ordinary in his pastoral role
2. to promote effective communication among priests of Polish origin
3. to seek common solutions for problems affecting Catholics of Polish origin
4. to promote the religious, cultural and social development of Catholics of Polish origin
5. to assist in every way possible our Polish brethren in Poland in the solution of their problems.
In 1966 APPC organized successful statewide celebrations of the Millennium of Polish Christianity. In 1969 is hosted a visit by then Cardinal Wojtyla of Cracow. In 1970 the association sponsored the research for and publication of a biography of Msgr Bojnowski.

CONTENT Materials included: minutes, correspondence, documents related to major events and projects organized by the Association, mailing lists, sermons, a typescript on "an interpretive history" by Rev. T. Mierzwinski (1971, 45 pp.), and 1 photo album.

LANGUAGE Polish and English

FINDINGS AIDS Inventory, folder level